There are three main levels of competency that Turistas Plus can achieve:
I – Carrying out certain transactions:
1. Making arrangements (planning, tickets, reservations, etc.) for travel, accommodation, appointments and leisure activities
2. Making purchases.
3. Ordering food and drink.
II – Giving and obtaining factual information:
1. Personal information (e.g. about name, address, place of origin, date of birth, occupation)
2. Non-personal information (e.g. about places and how to get there, about the time of the day, about various facilite and services, about rules and regulations, about opening hours, about where and what to eat, etc).
III – Establishing and maintaining social and professional contacts, particularly:
1. Meeting people and, if strangers, making their acquaintance.
2. Extending invitations and reacting to being invited.
3. Proposing/arranging a course of action
4. Exchanging information, views, feelings, wishes, concerning matters of common interest, particularly those relating to”
– Personal life and circumstances
– Living conditions and environment
– Occupational activities and interests
– Leisure activities and social life
Turistas will be able to carry out the above communicative activities in contacts with:
– Native speakers of the foreign language
– Other non-native speakers of the foreign language, using the foreign language as a common means of communication
Such contact may occur
– In a country or region where the foreign language is the native language
– In the learner’s own country
– In a country or region outside the learner’s own country and where the foreign language is not the native language